Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 13

So... Day 13 of my healthier lifestyle has started, but it's day 1 of the GM diet.  So far, so good, I guess.  Woke up at 4, as usual, stretched, walked with Rosie (actually, we started at a jog, but she wasn't having it).  I don't know if I'm going to keep taking her out with me.  She's so willful, and if she doesn't, want to walk, she just stops.  Obviously, that's not exactly conducive to a strong workout with an elevated heart rate.  I have to keep stopping to coerce her to come with me.  I can't just tug on her leash, because she slips out of it so easily.  It's extremely frustrating.

Anyway, as I was saying.  Day one of the GM.  I've almost downed an entire bottle of water, and I honestly feel like I could vomit because of all the fluids sloshing around in my belly.  Eating cantaloupe, and 10 cherries.  The water is what I've been most concerned about.  It's really hot, and I know I get dehydrated so it should be easier to drink a lot of water (8-10 glasses a day, with an elevated intake on day 5 to flush out uric acid), but I still can't see how I'll be able to keep a half gallon of water down.  Definitely glad I didn't try to drink anything before we left.  I packed a lunch/snacks last night so I'd be able to just grab-n-go this morning.  Oh man.  My stomach is gurgling from all this water.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment